Thursday, March 19, 2009

Picks 3/19/09 - NCAA Tournament

I hope everyone has their brackets filled out. It is almost 5am and I just locked in my plays for Thursday's games. I still have some leans for the late games and 2nd half wagers are always in play.

Most of my leans / plays on totals for the next two days are on overs. When teams meet in their conference tournament games it is the 2nd or 3rd time they play and they are really familiar with the oppositions plays and sets and defend them better. In the Big Dance, teams play non conference opponents (at least for the first round or 2) and are just not as familiar. I believe this favors the offense and I think this has been evident in the totals from the NIT and CBI games thus far.

I have not really looked into the 1st half lines yet but will probably do so as the games are going on tomorrow. I will have Friday's plays up before I go to bed tomorrow night.

Drum Roll Please:

North Carolina vs Radford : OVER 163.5 (I bet this before the Lawson news and could have done a point better) (still like the play as UNC could go for 110 in this one and the pace should be torrid)

Butler vs LSU : OVER 127 (Scary Bet)

Memphis vs CS Northridge : OVER 131.5 (Scarier bet - Memphis games go under because their defense is unreal and they "struggle" on offense at times but they should have no problem scoring in this one (I expect 80 ish) and given the quick pace CS should be able to back into 55 - 60.)

Clemson vs Michigan : OVER 137.5

Washington vs Miss St: OVER 148.5

BYU -2.5

American +17

California Pick'em (I locked this one in before the steam move)

Washington -6

Western Kentucky -5

Gonzaga -12.5

No comments: