Saturday, January 24, 2009

Moneyline

Ah, Moneyline I knew it was only a matter of time before you came after me. I will be the first to admit that I was wrong about Georgetown rebounding performance in that game. I really thought WV would struggle with Monroe's length. I deserved your post so I am not going to try and refute what you wrote because you are right.

The issue I have is that you like to go around deciding who is a "square" when it can be easily be argued that you are one. Let's take a look at your results from 2007-2008:

  • NFL: 70-70-3
  • CFB: 97-76-4
  • NBA: 99-84-4
  • CBB: 185-179
  • MLB: 411-432
  • Euro 2008: 11-11-2
  • Tennis: 0-5
  • Olympic Hoops: 11-7
  • Total: 884-864-18
  • Win Percentage 50.57%

With 10% juice and a standard bet size; a 50.57% winning percentage equates to a losing season. The only reason you were up (and you were up substantially last season so kudos) was because you varied your betting units. Now if you actually updated your 2008-2009 record (which I am sure would be updated if you were replicating last seasons success this year) I bet there is a good chance your results are worse than your winning percentage this year and your varying bet sizes are compounding your loses. Just because you have a formula you stick too, a bunch of followers, and one good year of results doesn't mean your not a square.

No comments: