Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Picks 1/13/09

Here are tonight's picks:

Bradley -3: Harry Marshall (Indiana St's best player) is most likely not playing for Indiana St and I think this is a good spot to fade them after a huge upset win over Illinois St. Throw in the fact that Bradley is the better team I think this is a good play.

North Carolina St -4: I think this is a tough spot for Florida St. They are coming off a loss against Duke and now are on the road playing an underrated NC State team. Beating Duke is a huge deal for FSU and their fans and the Seminoles exerted a lot of effort to get back into that game but still came away losers. NC State had played a number of good teams real close but they are lacking tourney resume worthy win and I expect them to be highly motivated to get their first "good" win of the season.

Kansas -6: I was not going to bet this game but the line has dropped to -6 at the Greek so I made the play. Kansas is not even close to as good as last year but they are a much better team at home and have played well off of a loss. This will be only Kansas St's 2nd road game of the year and I don't think this team is as good as their record.

Tulsa + XX: The line is currently Tulsa +6.5 but I am waiting this out as I think I should be able to get at least +7 since the public is pounding Memphis. Tulsa is a good team that has plays above average defense. Memphis is coming off of a tougher than expected win @ UCF while Tulsa is coming off of two very good road wins. Memphis has been beating the piss out of Conference USA for 2 years and Tulsa will be highly motivated to win this game. The more I watch Memphis the more convinced I get that are really poorly coached this year and I think this is a good spot to fade them.

I have leans to Kentucky plus the points (but this line keeps dropping), the Kansas over, and the BYU over. Check back later to see if I have any additional plays.

No comments: