Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Picks 1/27/09

1-1 last night. Here is what I have for today:

POD - Baylor -1: I could be wrong here (look at my record I have been wrong a lot) but I really like Baylor in this spot. I am surprised by the betting splits on this one. Texas is a bit overrated in my book. They struggle to score at times, are a bad free throw shooting team, and only have two players (Abrams and James) who can hit 3's (James has been a bit inconsistent from long range too). They do play good defense but they have given up some points when they have played good offensive teams which Baylor is. Baylor is at home and I think they pull this one off.

Rest of my plays:

Miami -2
Kentucky -9 (TO's is the Achilles heel of this team but I don't see Mississippi being able to force a lot)
Eastern Kentucky -3
Eastern Kentucky vs Austin Peay Over 142 (bought the hook)

I might have a play on the Baylor total as well. I am leaning over because Texas should be able to score in the paint against Baylor just need to figure out how confident I am they can get over 70.

No comments: