Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Picks 1/7/09

According to Vegaswatch.net you should fade my picks. Only time will tell but I like my chances to turn a profit from here on out now that I have seen teams play. That UCONN game played out exactly how I thought it would (look at the write-up) but hey blindly betting against the public sure has worked out well this year for the contrarian sports bettors. Now for todays picks:

Davidson @ Duke - Line Duke -13.5

Pick - Duke -13.5: This is a real bad matchup for Davidson. Curry will have to drop 40 for a cover here and Duke will be all over him.

Michigan @ Indiana - Line Michigan -6.5

Pick - Michigan -6.5: Let me guess this is a sucker bet. Why else would the line be so low right? If it is a sucker bet well than call me a sucker. Indiana plays walkons who will not be able to deal with the 1-3-1 zone and do not have the athletes to push the ball to score before Michigan can setup. I don't think Indiana will be able to get over 60 in this game.

Depual @ Syracuse - Line Cuse -12.5

Pick - Cuse -12.5: Depaul can not shoot for shit and the last time they played a good zone (@ Northwestern) they scored 38 points. The Orangmen should bury this team early.

Harvard @ Boston College: - Line BC -18

Pick: Harvard +18. Looking for a hangover for BC following the big upset win over UNC. I doubt they are able to shoot the ball that well two games in a row.

Tulane @ East Carolina - Line East Carolina -7.5

Pick: East Carolina -7.5. East Carolina has been in a bit of a funk lately but they have been good at home and I think they may have turned the corner playing Clemson tough on Saturday. Tulane has only played 4 road games this year and has not shown up for any of those games.

Northwestern @ Wisconsin - Line Over/Under 118

Pick: Over 118. I am expecting a close game here (the line of +7 is tempting) and Northwestern shoots the 3 well enough to hit 60 in this game. Total should be finish up around 125 - 130.

Louisville @ South Florida - Line Over/Under 125

Pick: Over 125. South Florida is a guard oriented team so they should be able to handle Louisville's press better than the average team. Louisville has not been playing well so far but they are too talented to not win this game. Final score should be around 70 - 75 to 60 - 65.

That is for now. I have leans to the under in the Michigan game, Delaware plus the points, Drake minus 13.5, Wichita St -3.5, Evansville -8, and over 124 in the Tulsa game. Check back to see if I add any of these as official plays.

No comments: