Friday, January 9, 2009

No Picks 1/9/08

Sorry I have no picks today. The card is real small and I do not see anything I really like. I was hoping the Siena vs. Rider total would be 145 or less and I would play the over but the line is at 150.5 so it is a no play. Rather than try and force bets tonight I am just going to start capping tomorrow's action as there are 130+ games tomorrow.

I would also like to thank The Stock Lemon for their show of support with the Vegas Watch listing my blog in their fade section. Make sure to check out his blog Stock Lemon.

In my first and second posts I warned that things might be rough at the start of the season given my capping style. From my post 11/12/08:

“I would like to point out that I use a number of techniques in capping CBB games but watching games is very important for my style. The more teams and games I have watched the better my handicapping gets. Naturally this is very tough early in the season (since no one has played yet) so I have to lean way more heavily on statistics than I will later in the season. So, if I start out cold please stick with with me and continue to check out my blog because in the past I have gotten much stronger as the season has worn on.”

For someone who “looks at the sports world from a statistical and analytical perspective” you would think Vegas Watch would afford me the opportunity of generating a reasonable sample size of a season worth of picks before listing my plays as fades.

-JD

No comments: