Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Picks 1/6/08

Here are the picks I have locked in:

Miami Oh @ Dayton - Line: Dayton -6.5

Pick: Dayton -6.5 - One of Miami's leading scorers is out with a hand injury. These teams play a similar style but Dayton is a bit more athletic and plays really well at home.

UCONN @ West Virginia - Line WV -3.5

Pick: UCONN +3.5 - WV will get killed on the boards tonight much like they did at Ohio St. UCONN will not miss the same open looks that Ohio St did however, and should win this going away. Also from the WV games I have seen, they rely on a lot of put back buckets from offensive rebounds but I really expect them to struggle in the paint and they are mediocre 3 point shooting team.

Purdue @ Penn State - Line Purdue -2.5

Pick: Purdue -2.5 - I like that Purdue is coming off a tough home loss and I expect them to very focused. Also PSU just played a physical game @ Wisconsin. Purdue's defense should be could enough for them to win this game and get a late cover with FT's. I want to point out that Purdue's Hummell might not play this game.

LSU @ Utah - Line Utah -5

Pick: Utah -5 - This is LSU's first true road game of the year and Utah has been on a role as of late having recently beat Gonzaga at home. They followed that game with an impressive win against an underrated Wyoming team in what could have been a trap game. A Utah blowout and easy cover would not surprise me at all.

That is is for now. I am still looking at the sides for the Arkansas and New Mexico games. Additionally, most totals seem high to me tonight so I may have a few total plays as well.

No comments: