Saturday, November 15, 2008

11/14/08 Results

5 Wins; 3 Loses, 0 Pushes

What went right:

All the dogs and Auburn covered. Early in the season there is good value fading certain big name schools against the right opponent. Obviously these betting opportunities disappear once conference play starts.

What went wrong:

Not that much. Yes 3 picks failed to cover but the cover was in site in all three. Appalachian St (pick em) blew a 17 pt lead with 5 minutes left and lost in OT. Georgia St (-2) also lost in OT by 1 when Bowling Green hit a 3 pointer at the buzzer, and Central Michigan beat Princeton but only by 2 (-3.5) despite being up by as many as 11 in the final minutes. Investing in sports, like any other risky asset, brings both positive and negative variance. I have to come to accept it and while I really wish all 3 of these covered what is more important is that my analysis and decision making is sound. There will be ups and downs, tough losses and miracle covers, it is characteristic of the investment vehicle. If Georgia St lost by 18 than something went wrong and I need to figure out what it was and make sure I do not repeat it again. So far the only real mistake I have made was my belief that Northeastern would be able to contain Manny Harris of Michigan.

I have a handful for CFB picks to post and some possible B-Ball plays for Saturday.

No comments: