Saturday, November 15, 2008

Results 11/15/08

CFB 2 Wins, 2 Loses, 0 Pushes

CBB 1 Win, 2 Loses, 0 Pushes

Holy line moves in CBB. The Houston game opened at -7 went to -6 and than moved to -8.5 by tip off. Houston won by 9 thus covering all of these variations. The Potland St line opened at -5 (which I locked in) but moved to -2 by tip off. Portland St won by 4 and I did not get the cover I could have had. I need to go back and see if I should have seen that move coming. The Memphis line moved from -19 to -21. I anticipated this move and waited until kickoff and got the +21 however it did not matter when Memphis won by 27. I know Memphis was only playing Fairfield, but Freshmen guard Tyreke Evans' stat line looks as good as advertised. Nova must really wish that Rose stayed at Memphis because he would most likely be in a Wildcats uniform this year.

I started this blog because I thought it would improve my handicapping by forcing me to look at every game hard since I would be posting my picks and it has. I spend a lot more time researching every game than I have in the past. However, there has be one adverse effect. I have been so concerned with posting losers that I have been excluding games I have leans on because I am worried about posting 15 games and going 0-15. To date, a lot more of these leans that have been excluded would have been covers rather than losers. So from now on, I am going to correct this mistake. If I see an edge on any side of a bet I am posting it. I don't care if I go 0-20. I am doing this blog to hopefully make money by improving my results and if I am content that my analysis has yielded 20 good bets than I will be posting and wagering on 20 games.

No comments: