Sunday, November 30, 2008

Picks 11/30/08

I wanted to get these picks up now because I really love Sunday's card. Today is the day I turn this season around.

James Madison @ Fordham - Line: JMU -1

Both of these teams leave something to be desired but Fordham is the worse squad. They just lost to Princeton. They might be one of the worst defensive ball clubs in basketball and they try to play really up tempo but do not have the players to effectively pull of this style. JMU has no problem playing fast and I see them having no problem covering the spread here. I will have my eye on the total as well because I have a strong lean on the over, I just need to see the line.

The Pick: JMU -1


St. Mary's vs Providence (Neutral site) - Line: St Mary's -4.5

St. Mary's is a talented team that had a step back against UTEP. They really like to run and their point guard Patrick Mills is a stud. He will dominate this game as Providence trys to run with them but won't be able to keep up. I expect St. Mary's to pull away late and win by 10-15.

The Pick: St Mary's -4.5


Cornell @ Indiana - Line: Cornell -2.5

Indiana is horrible. I watched all of their games in Maui and they just do not have the players to compete this year. Yes this game is at Indiana but Cornell is an experienced team who has played on the road before and in tougher places, and played well. There are reports that Cornell's best player Louis Dale will return to the lineup for this game. If he doesn't Cornell wins; if he does Cornell wins. I know this looks like a trap game and I see that right now 65% of the wagerline action is on Indiana but I really like Cornell with this line. Saint Joe's whipped Indiana and think SJU will lose to Cornell later this season.

The pick: Cornell -2.5


Georgetown vs Maryland - Line: Georgetown -5

I watched Maryland play Gonzaga and they really struggled with Gonzaga's size. The Zags just kept pounding Maryland inside and just wore out the Terps. Well, guess what Georgetown also has a lot of size and I expect more of the same. I expect Maryland to be a trendy pick because this somewhat of a rivalry game that never gets paid but I look at that as creating value in the line. The Hoyas should have no problem pulling away and winning by 10. I could see this game being tied at half and setting up a nice 2nd half wager on Georgetown.

The Pick: Georgetown -5


That is all for now. There could be some good under total plays with some of these teams playing their 3rd game in 4 days. just need to wait to see the totals. I am also looking hard at Wichita St vs Michigan St, Siena vs Oklahoma St, Baylor vs Wake, Tennessee vs Gonzaga (should be a great game), and Louisville vs Western Kentucky.

No comments: