Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11/17/08 Results

5 Wins; 8 Loses; 0 Pushes

Tough night. I really thought it was going to be a winning card. As much as I would like to watch Hawaii I need to go to bed. I think I need to focus in on Totals more than I have to this point. I have noticed it seems to be much easier to get a backdoor cover of a large point total from smaller schools. This is probably as a result of weaker benches but it also seems like the coaches empty their bench a little sooner as well. Of the losing picks I most regret taking UMASS plus the points the most. I should have anticipated Memphis wearing them out by the end of the game.

Back to basics for tomorrow. I like Penn over Drexel. Drexel is the home team but you can walk from one campus to the other in a couple minutes so the travel should not be hard. I think Penn is the pick because they played Drexel tough last year (lost in OT) despite relying heavily on 4 freshmen, Drexel lost in my opinion their best player Frank Elegar, drexel will be transitioning from a front court lead team to a guard lead team, the aforementioned freshmen are now have a year under their belt, and this will be Drexel's first game of the year with a Tuesday 10 am tip (good change they come out tight). I just hope their is no hangover from the UNC game. I am listing this now since I might not be up before the game starts.

No comments: