Sunday, November 16, 2008

Picks 11/16/08

As promised a have a full slate of games today. I will highlight a few and just list the rest.

Long Beach St @ Wisconsin - Line Wisconsin -22

The Pick: I love LBSU in this spot. Wisconsin plays a slow style and struggled to score in their last exhibition game against UW-Whitewater (???) only getting to 64. Unless they can hold LBSU to under 45 I do not see anyway they can cover this line. Take LBSU plus 22.

Rutgers @ Delaware - Line Delaware -4.0

The Pick: Another special situation play. Vegas set this line at Delaware -4.5 because on paper they are the better team and they are at home. The books know that the public will play Rutgers because they are a Big East School at are playing no name Delaware. This tells me Vegas thinks Delaware is even more than a -4.5 favorite. Delaware returns most of their key players from last year so lay the points and take the value Blue Hens (think about waiting till tip off on this one).

Wofford @ Dayton - Line Dayton -16.5

The Pick: Dayotn has played poorly in their preseason games and has athletes but I do not see any pure scorers with Brian Roberts gone. I think Dayotn will win but not cover. Play Wofford.

The rest of my plays for today:

Over 138 in the New Mexico / Creighton

Over 129 in the Old Dominion / NC Charlotte

Clemson -7.5 over Temple (I think Clemson should be athletic enough to limit
Dionte Christmas)

College of Charleston -4,5 over TCU

Georgia St +14 @ Minnesota (Minny has proven they can not cover a big line)

Wisc Milwaukee +4.5 @ Iowa St (this is a tournament and they have both beaten the same 2 teams but Wisc Mil has done it in more impressive fashion).

San Jose St +14 @ Nebraska

I am not sure Duke can limit Rhode Island enough to cover the posted line but I am not making this a play. Hopefully this turns out to be a strong card.

No comments: